Thinking of buying a new car? Getting a car loan in Melbourne is now easier than ever. With so many banks in the market, it’s no wonder that each offers a more lucrative deal than the other. However before you take a car loan keep the following things in mind.
Compare the rate of interest offered by various banks
This is the most important thing for you to decide whether the rate of interest is lower than other banks or higher. You would need to do a thorough research and make comparisons to see who offers the best rates. A difference of a few points could help you save precious cash in the long run.
Get to know your credit score
A good credit score is a number one criterion for securing a car loan on an immediate basis and that too with a lower rate of interest. If you have good credit history then securing a car loan in Melbourne is a breeze.
Getting your documents in order
Though securing a car loan isn’t as complicated as it once was, it still requires few documents. You should have everything in order so that when the time comes to get a car loan you give a great first impression. Some documents you might be asked to display include
- Evidence of a source of income
- Bank statement
- An photo id
- Tax papers etc
Get to know the dealers
Every dealer works with a specific bank. This is the main reason why rate of interest would differ from one place to another. Get to know some of the best dealers in Melbourne, and for the best car loans visit this site who offer a competitive price. This way you could find a lower rate of interest with only a little bit of research.
Choosing the right loan repayment period
The biggest mistake which most people make when taking a car loan is simply relying on bankers who may advertise longer loan periods. People assume that they would be able to easily repay the loan in this time period. However, when they calculate the total cost of the car along with the rate of interest it comes as a big shock. Be wise and select shorter loan periods if you could afford it.
Other important factors to consider
- Always calculate the loan EMI through online EMI calculators. The rates differ from bank to bank so make sure you know which rate you would go for
- Be wary of huge processing fees. Though some banks may offer a lower interest rate they may charge you a great deal through the loan processing fee.
- Ask whether the service tax you would pay is a onetime fixed amount or would be charged on a yearly basis.
- Those with a good credit score and a good profile can get customized deals as well. Make sure your bank offers one if you are a good candidate for a loan.
These above mentioned points would help you secure a car loan with relative ease. For more information you can get car loans for bad credit here.